Wearing a wig with your Halloween costume can take a run of the mill outfit and transform your entire look into the person or “thing” that you want to be. Many characters that have wild hair styles in bright colors would be hard to mimic on your own, then there would be the potential damage that you could do to your own hair in the process… So once you’ve decided on your costume, check out these 5 ways to rock a wig this Halloween!
1. Let the wig be the center of your costume. With a Medusa or Elvira wig, all you need is black dress and your wig does all the work!
2. Show off another side of your personality. Have long, flowing dark hair? Don a Marilyn Monroe-esque wig and see if blondes have more fun. But rest assured that you don’t have to try a bad hair dyeing job or cut off inches to achieve the alternative look. You can go back to yourself the next day.
3. Think outside the norm. Wearing a wig this Halloween opens up so many more opportunities for who you can be. From cosplay characters to Game of Thrones stars – wearing a wig means you don’t have to limit your costume to what you can pull off on your own.
4. Let the wig be the finishing touch on top. Instead of making the wig the center of attention, make it an accessory that subtly pulls the entire look together. Whether you need a bouffant to become Elvis or trademark braids to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, a well-suited wig can make the look but also look like it’s not even there.
5. Wear it confidently. No matter what wig you’re wearing this Halloween, wearing it with confidence and knowing that it makes your Halloween costume standout and rock will make all the difference. Once you place the wig, leave it there and don’t fidget all night!
Need some more tips on how to rock a Halloween wig, or an everyday wig for that matter? Stop by Wig Elegance to see the best selection of wigs in Pennsylvania. We’re conveniently located in the Langhorne Shopping Center on Lincoln Highway. Or call us at (215) 945-4900 to schedule a private fitting.