Buying a new wig can be a difficult process if you’re new to it and you don’t know what to look for. With so many color choices, style choices, length options, and cap construction types, you can easily become overwhelmed. One big decision you will have to make is if you want a regular synthetic hair wig or a heat-friendly wig.
Heat-friendly fibers are a very popular choice and for good reason: there are a lot of great benefits to them. However, there are some downsides to them, as well. Knowing the pros and cons of Levittown heat-friendly wigs can help make your wig decision easier.
Pros of Heat-friendly Wigs
Although heat-friendly wigs are made of synthetic fibers as opposed to real human hairs, they have a lot of benefits:
- They were designed to be styled. Curl your wig into big, beachy waves or straighten it to get that sleek, modern look. Style your wig to your heart’s content.
- Heat-friendly wigs are in the middle price point of wigs. They’re less expensive than human hair wigs, yet more expensive than your regular synthetic wigs.
- Style Retention. Unlike real hair, heat-friendly wigs have style retention. You can wet, wash, and dry your wig and it will bounce back to the most recent heat-styled look you used.
- Weather Resistant. Natural hair tends to lose shape in humidity, but not heat-friendly wigs. They will keep their shape through rain, shine, or snow.
- Natural Look. These wigs almost never get that fake shine that most synthetic wigs have.
Cons of Heat-friendly Wigs
Heat-friendly wigs have a lot of benefits, but, like most things, they do have some downsides:
- If you’re a frequent restyler, these wigs can develop a permanent frizzy look as well as become scratchy.
- Unlike their human hair counterparts, heat-friendly wigs can be difficult to style and it takes some time. If you’re in a rush for a style and want it to turn out well, you might want to call your hairstylist.
- They have the shortest lifespan of wigs. They usually last two to three months.
- Self Color. Like regular synthetic wigs, heat-friendly wigs cannot be recolored.
Depending on how and where you plan to wear your wig, a heat-friendly wig can be the perfect option for you. You just need to know what you’re using your wig for. If you need more guidance to your perfect heat-friendly wig, the experts at Wig Elegance are here to help! Give us a call today at (215) 945-4900.