For many women, a head full of beautiful hair is more than just pure luck. It’s hard work that took years of care and consideration and it’s something that you cherish because it represents your particular style, personality, health, and history. All those things make it important for you to make sure your hair is always vibrant and gorgeous on a daily basis.
The easiest and best way of making sure that happens without spending crazy amounts of money on hair products is hair extension pieces and wigs. You’ve probably heard that the best real hair extensions are made from Brazilian hair. Well, Levittown’s wig shop discusses the truth behind this hair craze and how it can be beneficial to you!
What is Brazilian Hair?
Brazilian hair extensions have gained popularity in the last few years because the hair is totally natural and isn’t chemically processed like a lot of other hair fibers for extensions and wigs. Typically, the hair used is collected from donors in the South American region and is very rare since the donors usually live in small, rural villages. The hair tends to have light waves in it which means it styles easily and can hold a curl all day.
Brazilian extensions blend well with most natural ethnic hair textures and can last up to a year with proper care which is why the Brazilian hair craze started. You must be careful, however, because a lot of hair that is marked “Brazilian hair” is actually curly Indian hair that has been steamed and marked up at a high price to sell.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Brazilian Hair
These advantages are spot on for the Brazilian hair craze sweeping the nation:
- The hair is human and all natural, meaning they are high-quality and look more natural with your different hairstyles
- They can be cut to your desired length and dyed to match your hair
- Heated styling products can be used on the hair
- The hair is easy to maintain and style because it does not mat or tangle
- The hair looks authentic, shiny, and healthy
- Brazilian hair lasts longer than a lot of other natural hair extensions
There are only two disadvantages to Brazilian hair:
- The price. Natural Brazilian hair is a little on the expensive side and you need at least three pieces for your desired look.
- You might need salon assistance to install your hair extensions the first time because if you don’t do it properly, the extensions can be very gaudy and noticeable.
If you want to discuss the truth about the Brazilian hair craze more or need assistance adding your hair extensions to your look, contact the wig and hairpiece experts at Wig Elegance at (215) 945-4900.