How to Use Toupee Glue
At Wig Elegance, we know that above everything else, you want your toupee to be secure. While the cartoon gag of a gentleman’s hairpiece blowing off in the wind may be exaggerated, a hair system that starts to lift after a short time can be almost just as frustrating. One of the many options you have when looking for the adhesive that works best for you is toupee glue, also known as liquid adhesive.
How to Apply Toupee Glue:
1. Rub your head with a damp cloth until all visible signs of the adhesive are gone.
2. Apply adhesive remover to a soft cloth or paper towel and rub your head briskly.
3. Shampoo your head and hair, preferably followed by exfoliation. Dry thoroughly.
4. Shave your scalp to remove any stubble or stray hairs.
5. Apply scalp protector, which will help strengthen the bond and protect your scalp.
6. Brush the adhesive onto the polyurethane strip around the perimeter of the toupee.
7. Dampen your scalp to delay the glue from bonding until your hairpiece is appropriately positioned.
8. Carefully set the toupee on your head and adjust it.
9. Press firmly along the edges of the hairpiece to allow the glue to bond.
If you need toupee glue or any other wig or toupee accessories, our staff at Wig Elegance would love to help. Come by our Yardley location or call us at (215) 945-4900. We would be glad to schedule a consultation with you.
Wig Elegance is proud to serve the people in and around the following communities: Levittown, PA; Langhorne, PA; Yardley, PA; Newtown, PA; Richboro, PA; Doylestown, PA; Feasterville, PA; Bristol, PA; Bensalem, PA; Philadelphia, PA; Churchville, PA; Pendell, PA; Holland, PA; Upper Southampton, PA; Lower Southampton, PA; and New Hope, PA.