There’s no shortage of ways to style your wig. Many synthetic wigs today have built-in style memory so a few basic wig care and styling techniques are needed to remind your wig of its wanted look. But to get that perfectly styled look, you need to know how to style a wig in Levittown, PA so here are a few tips to help get you on the right track.
Tips for Wig Styling
Take advantage of these wig styling tips and get your hair looking fabulous faster:
- Style your wig when it is completely dry. Just like with natural hair, the weight of water can stretch your wig fibers, as well as straighten curls and ruin the style pattern you’re going for. Make sure to give your wig time to dry after washing it before your style it.
- Use a chinstrap for hands-free styling. Using a chinstrap to style your wig allows you to utilize both hands without fear of your wig falling out of place. You will also be able to see how the style of your wig frames your face as you’re styling.
- Take advantage of a styling head. When you use a styling head, you can see your wig from all angles as you style. This is helpful to notice spots that need a little extra styling.
- Use a stainless steel brush. Styling your wig begins with a proper brushing. For synthetic wigs, it is recommended to use a stainless steel brush to prevent the shedding of hairs and stretching of fibers. For human hair wigs, a boar bristle brush is recommended.
- Use specifically designated wig styling products. Avoid using human-hair formulated products, because they can damage your synthetic wig. Wig spray or volumizing mousse are great tools to help keep your style in place.
Keep Your Style
After you brush your wig and create your styled look with a flat iron or curling iron, you want to spray it with wig spray to keep your style in place all day long. Start at the back of your wig and move forward, keeping the spray about 12 inches from your hair to prevent your wig from becoming overly saturated. After lightly misting your entire wig, wait a few minutes to let the style set.
Once the wig spray has dried, you can add height to flattened areas of your style or you can reposition curls using a pic comb or wig brush. Use your wig spray sparingly because a build-up can damage the hair fibers of your wig which will require you to wash your wig more often.
Proper styling tools combined with the right styling products can keep your wig looking fresh and beautiful. For more tips on how to style your wig in Levittown, PA, call the wig experts at Wig Elegance today at (215) 945-4900.